Jul 20, 2012

From ghost towns to whore houses......(Bannack, MT to Wallace, ID)

We Spent 10 days visiting with my oldest brother in Smelterville ID. We took a day trip over to Paradise MT to see Peggy’s uncle whom she hadn’t seen in several years. We decided to take a back mountain road (Thompson Pass) back to Smelterville.
We must have just been about 15-20 minutes behind a HUGE wind storm on the west side of the pass. I was the first vehicle to come upon huge trees down over the road. Not once but 3 times. I was in the process of clearing the first blockage when a guy drove up behind me. Luckily he had a chain so we could move the tree out of the way. He tied the chain to my front hooks and off I went pulling it out of the way. Cool on our way….Nope another 400 yards around a Corner an even bigger tree across the road. Got that cleared and drove about a mile and there were 2 really large trees over the road again I had to pull the tree’s off the road so we could pass. I felt really good that I did my deed for the day so others could get through.

No comments:

Post a Comment